Shower pump connected to bath mixer tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and thanks for reading!

I am planning a complete bathroom renovation and have a query regarding the water pipes that I hope someone could answer.

The bathroom at present has no bath, just a thermostatic mixer shower in it's own cubicle. The shower is fed from a pump in the airing cupboard that is fed from the cold water tank in the loft and from the hot water cylinder.

My plan is to remove this cubicle and fit a bath with a new thermostatic mixer shower over one end of the bath. I will use the existing pipework that currently runs from the pump to the shower, to feed my new shower.

As there is currently no bath my question is can I T-off of these two pipes to feed my bath mixer tap (in effect using the shower pump to fill the bath)? It would only ever be the shower or the bath mixer tap on at one time and never both together.

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back