Adding Bath Taps under Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Due to baby on the way I need to remove our shower cubicle and add a bath. I plan on keeping existing Mira atom mixer shower where it is and putting a screen on bath.

My question is, how do you go about getting water to the new bath taps. Would I just tap into the current feeds going to the mixer at a point below the rim of the new bath?

Thanks for help

Sponsored Links
As you have mentioned, you would tee off from the hot and cold feed to the shower. This would be at a convenient location beneath the bath tub, that could also include in the floor void.

Thank for your reply.

What sort of connectors would you use to the existing feed?

This shouldn't affect pressure of the shower should it?

Thanks again

Well assume the hot and cold water supply are 15mm, so depending on the material that the existing pipework would dictate what could/couldn't be used.
So you will need 15mm equal tees for 15mm pipe.
I prefer to solder joints in areas with restricted access, but that would be for copper pipe only. If plastic you could use either compression tees or speed fit, plastic pipes would require inserts to support/structure the pipe for compression and speed fit. You could also use compression/speed fit on copper (no inserts required for copper pipes)

Sponsored Links
Thank you again!

They are plastic pipes that run up inside the wall to the shower valve. So something like this...?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/jg-speedfit-equal-tee-15mm/50422

I don't see anything to frightening for a competent DIYer to attempt to fit this bath myself. Aside from the taps, I assume the waste and overflow can connect to the existing shower waste pipe under the flooring?

Appreciate your help.

Just to be certain, Are you mains fed hot & cold (combi boiler, unvented cylinder etc.) or are you tank fed?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back