Retractable/hidden shower hose for bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Currently fitting a new bathroom and having put the taps on the bath and setting the bath into position, the shower head and trailing hose really takes the look of it :(

Is there a way to fit the shower head so the hose pulls out of the bath?

My tap has the mixer outlet inline with the hot and cold feeds and i should have room below the bath rim and above the over flow to get the shower hose through.

My thinking is to drop a chrome pipe from mixer outlet below the bath and then connect the shower hose to this. This means i can make a good seal around the bath.

However i dont see a way of preventing water from getting down the opening where the shower hose would be coming out of.

Is there some sort of waste or something avaialble to allow this?

Other option is to leave the hose off until needed but can see the mixer eventually leaking and just dripping onto the bath rim/tiles.

Thanks

Neil

Sponsored Links
Is there a way to fit the shower head so the hose pulls out of the bath? ...

However i dont see a way of preventing water from getting down the opening where the shower hose would be coming out of.

There is, and it's done with washbasins for hairdressing.

Your second point is why it's not done with showers.

Ah that would make sense lol.

Just done some googling for pull out retractable shower and found this
http://www.showerstoyou.co.uk/produ...itle=Retractable_Deck_Mounted_Shower_Head_Kit

Looks like it might provide some sort of catchment for anything getting down the shower hose.

Could this be tee'd in to a normal bath waste?

FYI dont search the internet for the words "hidden" and "shower" in the same sentance if your in work :LOL:

#Edit - The shower in the bath is likely only to be used for cleaning down the bath etc, not as an actual shower. Would a waste system for the handset be overkill in this situation? I found quite few "deck mounted" hand sets but they dont have any waste/drainage.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back