shower mixer to fixed head connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a bog standard tap/shower head mixer on a bath - the shower head is on a flexible hose that screws on under the mixers spout, you pull a knob to engage the flow.

I want to install a fixed shower head (as folk keep yanking on the hose and burst the seal at the end, I have been through quite a few hoses - which all have the same size thread).

Are there adapters to allow me to connect the existing threaded outlet to 15mm chrome fittings, and then run chrome pipe up the wall to the fixed head ....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it a 1/2" shower outlet on the mixer? If so then a 1/2" > 15mm compression elbow should do it.

shopping

Good stuff ... wont look pretty, but means I can keep the old head, which is in 100% working order, can you bend 'chrome 15mm pipe' like you can copper ?

Yup, it can bend as normal. The only issue is getting pipe where the plating won't crack when it's bent. That's a hit 'n' miss affair I'm afraid, all to do with the thickness of the plating.

May be easier to go with chrome fittings

Sponsored Links
Umm, thought so, not sure how plating bonds to the pipe ... so guess any deformation wont help.
A clutch of elbows will aim the pipe upwards ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back