Fixed shower head with exposed pipe....problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if anyone can help with this problem. Replaced a shower mixer tap which had a fixed head with exposed chrome pipe from the mixer. However the new mixer's outlet is further set away from the wall (7.5cm) and I can't find any kind of fixed head bracket that stands out that far so the pipe is straight.

Only option I see is to improvise some moulded piece of wood to attach to the tiles and then affix the shower head bracket to make up the difference. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
is the difference really 75mm ? so the pipe has to move out 3 inch's ? surely not .

how about a piece of chrome plated copper pipe in between tile and bracket ,with a longer screw thru bracket and copper pipe ?

There must be Something better than a piece of wood,can you post a photos of the valve and the fixed head wall fixing arrangement.

Sponsored Links
Can you use a bending spring and put an S-bend in the bottom section of the chromed tube?

Yes, it really is 75mm to centre point of pipe. Can't take pics currently as property is not my home. I've decided to just use a flexible hose arrangement with a clip on shower head, which I hate, but quickest way to solve it. Just got too many projects to finish and also recovering from an accident.

Thanks for your input!

someone fooked the installation up , why don't you go back and do it properly ;):ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back