Replace Retractable Shower head setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have inherited a bath with a retractable shower house. This holder tube is close to the taps. Above the taps, mounted on the wall, is a holder unit which is used to shower standing with the retractable hose. When this is used, water can leak through the holder tube to underneath the bath.

This is the first time i have come across a retractable hose, but my understanding is they should be used seating in the bath and not as standing shower hoses.

We do require the retractable functionality - we prefer to shower standing. Is there a way to replace the retractable bath rim unit with something that will allow me to attach a hose directly on the outside of the bath. This would prevent it retracting and also prevent water leaking underneath the bath.

First post so please forgive my lack of technical terms. Hope I'm making sense here.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back