Retractable shower heads.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I am at the end of my teether and need some help no one has been able to help at all yet.

I have been asked to fit a 3 way diver thermostatic shower valve. which i purchased and is of a standard type. using standard tap connectors and copper not problems.

I have then been given what looks like a deck mountable retractable shower hose and 45 degree holder that need to be fixed to a wall, passing into a void in the wall, again no problem.

The problems is that the hose which is like a standard flexible shower hose has a been assembles into the wall holder at the factory, because the hose has to pass through the bracket and then they have crimped the fitting onto it, so the hose can not be removed from the holder.

on the hose there is a femal thread at one end where the shower head screws into it and at the other end is a male thread that must screw into something.
What i need is some way that will allow it to be converted to a standard copper fitting, i have tried every thing from micro bore to steel fittings, and gas fittings , the only one that came close was a steel fitting with a larger quantity of ptfe, but this still leaked. has any one else tries to fit one one these.
I belive the hose and holder came from a kit of some sort and the valve that was part of the kit must have had an adaptor on it, this is now not available, do you know where or what i could obtain to fit this.

thanks for looking. :?: :?: :?: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Can you not just take the hose to a decent plumbers merchant to see if they have an adaptor/bush for it?

Or take it back to where you got it from and ask them?

Does it not show anything in the destructions?

BEEN TO ALL THE PLUMBERS IN THE TOWN AND THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS, THIS PART WAS LEFT OVER FROM A KIT THEY HAD, SO I HAVE NOTHING AND NO ONE HAS ANY IDEA. IS THERE ANY WERE U AN BUT SPARE IF YOU ARE FITTING A DECK SYSTEM, I DON NOT EVEN KNOW THE MANUFACURE, MY LAST CHANCE IS TO GO TO A AUTOMOTIVE fuel SHOP AND SEE OF THEY HAVE SOME SORT OF BOSS UNLESS U CAN HELP.

Sponsored Links
got a picture you can post on here?

Can't really think of an answer just from the desciption, sorry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back