Am I being stupid... Shower Hose sizes?

X

xeres

Hi there

I have n odd problem I have never come across before. Bought a new shower with a fixed height shower and a mid valve to throw the water through a second shower head that is on a shower hose. The odd thing though is that the shower hose doesn't fit in the holder. The holder is too thin!?

Contacted the company (who are useless) and asked them to send the correct size which they said they had done and they promptly resent me another hose - same problem. A friend of mine bought the same shower kit and has the same problem (good price).

So my question - has anyone had experience of shower hoses that can mount into 'thinner' holders?! If so, can you point me in the direction of one as currently, my additional shower head is sitting on the floor of my shower with no hope of being on the holder!

Thanks in advance

B

Sponsored Links
have you tried turning the holder 180 degrees ?
have you got the right end of the hose attached to the head ? the nut goes on the shower fitting while the longer smooth nut goes on the shower head

Oh god, I'm being incredibly stupid. Upside down...

Will let my friends know also and save them the public shame and embarrassment. Manufacturers must be fitting them upside down at the factory.

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
It's an initiative test.

One word, four letters, rhymes with rail. ;)

I never was very good at those word games! Fail, jail, pail ???

On the topic of shower hoses, a customer has three showers and asked me why some showers were better than others!

I got her to unscrew the three hoses while I serviced her boiler. I showed her that one was a larger internal diameter and the other two were very small. She moved the good one to her en-suite and left the two poor ones for the lodgers!

Suggested she could buy thicker ones for the lodgers but she did not seem very bothered!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back