Fitting 4 hole bath taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, just getting round to fitting a 4 hole deck mounted set of taps to my new bath. Everything makes sense apart from one thing...

I can't work out how to thread the shower hose through the holder for the shower head. It needs to come from the outlet underneath the main spout, up through the holder that is mounted to the bath and is then connected to the shower head but both ends of the hose I have are too large to go through the fitting. Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Tom

Sponsored Links
A photo of all your tap part would be help.

I see what you mean.

Maybe the shower hose is wrong type or there's a clever way to do this.

Maybe a phone call to taps's maker wil help?

Dan.

Sponsored Links
I'll try and take pics tonight, but in the meantime I've phoned the manufacturer. The guy on the technical line said I should be able to remove the nut from one end of the shower hose to allow it to thread through the holder. Once it's through I can re-attach it and couple it up to the threaded connection to the water feed.

I should say there was no shower hose supplied with the tap, so I'm assuming they are talking about a bog-standard flexible shower hose. Does anyone know if/how these can be semi-dismantled?

I haven't seen those hose with removable nut before, I may be wrong.

Most flexible shower hose are crimp at both end.

You say that there's no shower hose ( which have the removable nut ) in taps kit, maybe it is missing.... Ask the retailer.

Dan.

Thanks for the replies guys, turns out I'd made a mistake with the shower hose. I've got 4 of them lying around from various bits and bobs that I'd bought. It turned out I had been supplied one with the taps but it had got moved amidst the bathroom refurb. The one supplied with the taps has a very thin connector for at the bath spout end which means it can thread through the shower head holder easily.

Thanks again everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back