4 hole taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right...this will seem like SUCH a dumb question :oops: Please could someone explain a bit more about 4 hole bath mixers for me? Have looked around on the internet and they seem like a good idea. But there are just a few things I'm not sure of:

1. Where does the shower hose go? Does it pull out from cavity under bath?

2. if so, what is there to prevent water going under bath if you use shower head to rinse the bath?

3. Can not see any evidence on pictures or tech drawings I've looked at of how water flow is diverted from tap to shower. Is it automatic?

4. Could an additional hole be drilled between an existing two-hole for the taps and spout (would want showerhead offset slightly)

This is the kind of thing I've been looking at: http://www.notjusttaps.co.uk/minima-tap-four-hole-bsm.htm

Sponsored Links
1 - yes
2 - nothing and it also runs down the hose after using the shower.
but hansgrohe do a drip tray that fits under the shower for this
purpose.
4 - on the back of the spout.
5 - yes the taps go in existing holes and drill a third for the spout etc but
check measurements first.

1- probably
2- the shower head holder is raised up
3-its magic
4-not enough info on 4 hole tap
drawing to say.

Thank you! :D How does the drip tray work? Does it just evaporate like a fridge drip tray? Or do you have to empty it?

I guess that that design I was looking at is better than some in that case, as the shower is angled over bath, where as many seemed to be straight up

Sponsored Links
When the drip tray gets full it just overflows into the ceiling :LOL:
You need to buy a drip tray nearly full sensing device which sounds an alarm when its full .
£39.99 FROM B&Q
£3.63 FROM SCREWFIX

Can't I get one that works by magic....like the flow diverter? ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back