hot water issues, water tank slow at filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

not sure if im posting in the right section...
But I need some advice...

Im not getting alot of hot water through my taps.
The water tank in the attic is slow at filling, having observed... water level is really low... the water flows out but occasionally it will just stop and go etc.

hot water taps all around the house has very little water coming out as a result. (when the water tank eventually fills, I have hot water, but soon its all gone again)
Even the cold water sometimes gets smaller... I notice when in bathroom, when I turn on hot tap fully, then turn on cold tap. the hot water tap flows alot smaller... ie. its like the cold water is taking away the water from the hot.

also sometimes when I switch on the tap I can hear the pipes rattling (im pretty sure its the pipes going up to the water tank. its as though theres alot of air.)

Any ideas? Is this airlock? I thought airlock means no water coming out at all.

had a plumber who couldnt fix it, said its from the mains water supplier? but my neighbours seem to be fine

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Did your plumber replace the ball valve in your CWSC in the loft? Does your cold feed in your bathroom come from the main's? Is the cold supply in the kitchen ok? The rattling could be caused by a faulty ball valve and the pipes not being properly clipped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back