hot water no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have obviously looked thru all other posts..however never seems quite what your problem is
problem hot water no central heating
equipment downstairs boiler gloworm fuelsaver
operated by honeywell control box timer heating and water
upstairs airing cupboard Honeywell 22mm 3 Port Mid Pos Valve
immersion heater indirect albion with clamp on thermostat set at 60 with plunger in.
symptons hot water works fine control box works in all positions boiler fires up when required normal operation.
switch control box for central heating lights on the control box illuminate. yet no fire up from boiler.
upstairs motorised valve works i think fine for water that is lever stays in auto position.
if i turn the switch on the control board on for heating. no response. unless push lever over to right then boiler fires and water distributes to radiators and warms.
I have replaced the motor in the valve to no avail.
also when water alone is on and is heated to a degree some goes to radiators which makes me think a sticking valve operation.
could really do with your help on this one I know that this subject has been covered but still cant get my head round it..also do you think it could be an electical problem ..because when i uncovered head box to replace motor the wires from motor had it seemed overheated and just fell off. would this have affected the circuitry at the back of the box do you think. and therefore a complete replacement would be necessary

cheers again
sandy sandy

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the thermostat, or is the house already above the temp on it?

If you have to turn the temp right up to get it to fire it could be that its not reading the house temp properly, or it needs replacing.

this looks to be an old kind of thermostat held in place by a spring on the cylinder ive set it to 60 thinking that would be appropriate with the dial pushed in. how do i check if thermostat is serviceable?/
thanks

Ah, sorry, my experience is with separate wall mounted thermostats not the ones on the tanks/units.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back