Hot water ok, but no heating - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have, for my sins, an Ideal Isar HE30. It has an intermittent fault where the heating won't kick in. Water is absolutely fine. Haver tried re-setting, fiddling with the room thermostat, pressing advance timer...but nothing. No fault code displays.

This has happened a few times and just seems to come on later in the day and works again fine for a few days/weeks, then the fault re-appears for no apparent reason. I called the engineer out last time, but by the time he arrived the next day, it was working and he couldn't find the fault. He replaced the room thermostat just in case. Typically, It works fine for a few days, then in the morning it doesn't kick it, but then kicks in later, untriggered by the timer. It turned off yesterday evening before it should have and didn't kick in again this morning. Really weird.

In the past few months have had a new heat exchanger, pcb and pump plus other bits and is practically a new boiler other than the casing. Only thing hasn't been replaced is the timer!

Any ideas?

*Sat 25 Jan... Heating kicked in about an hour ago (6pm), for about an hour only. Turned itself off, not timer - timer says it should still be on.

** Sun 26th Jan... Came on this morning 7am, had it on 'once' - turned itself off at 11am.

Sponsored Links
Put a link in and isolate all your external controls and work your boiler manually that will tell you if it is the boiler that is faulty or your external controls

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back