No hot water, central heating ok.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people, newbie here.

Ok. I have a Baxi Wm282 boiler and a Randall 102 Timer/ programmer.

The central heating is fine when the timer is set to water and heating but the water from the hot tap is just about lukewarm. When I set the
Randall to water only the burner kicks in for a few minutes and then goes off. Tried bleeding rads and they are ok. Not been in this place long and I cant find a room with a thermostat in....is that normal ?

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
i think your three port vavle has gone turn heating on
goto your cylnider and u will see 2 pipes that come out side not at bottom or top one will lead to a pump see if it gets hot

Jeez that was Quick !!

Have located the pipes at the tank and turned the heating on. Will wait and see if it gets hot....how long roughly ?

Thanks

should take long the pipe gets warm the water should get heated up of it
but if not being diverted to cylider then theirs your problem

Sponsored Links
Right, the heating is on and all rads are warm. The two pipes you mentioned...one of them is warm and the other one which is the lower one of the two is cold. There seems to be a funny arrangement because in the loft tank there is this.

1. Cold water feed into the tank, No problem.

2. There is an outlet pipe that goes from the loft tank to the cylinder and it then is connected via a t piece to another pipe which goes back to the loft tank and enters at the top in a U shape. The other part of the connection goes into the cylinder and is warm.

Doesn't seem right to me but I suppose its worked for years.

Help is appreciated.

tanks upstairs are cold water storage and f&e tank these are here as your system is unvented don`t worry about them

goto faq and look up three port for futher advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back