Replacing / Updating Water and Central Heating Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There...

Fairly new here... I have installed at present a Randall 102 Central Heating and Water timer. Which occasionally doesn't switch over to the next time frame.

I am looking to replace it with a modern electronic timer but one which will do water or central heating or both. The randall is water or both.

Does anyone have any suggestions or indeed guidance on this?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Most programmers will do what you want but you probably don't have the other controls needed to give you separate control over heating or hot water, based on the timer you have fitted at present.

Go for the Randall 102E7, its Digital and fits the original back box.

Sponsored Links
I am looking to replace it with a modern electronic timer but one which will do water or central heating or both. The randall is water or both.
That is probably due to the way your system has been plumbed. Just changing to a different timer would not solve the problem.

How many water pipes connect to the boiler?

Do you have any motorized valves?

View media item 5946View media item 11762
Do you have a cylinder stat?

View media item 10596

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back