randall 102/103 timerswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anybody please help a damsell in distress!!
My timerswich for my central heating, a Randall 103 ceased to work. I bought which I presumed was the same and then realised it was a Randall 102.
I have a multipoint and have fitted the new 102 one. All appears to be working except the only difference is the lable at the side rocker switch. My old one had a choice of 'constant' or 'timer'. This obviously only operated the heating. The new one I have fitted has the lable 'Heating' or 'Heating and Water'.
Is it doing the same job except for the label? Many Thanks in hope of advice as I dont want to be without water?

Sponsored Links
I suspect you may have a combi boiler, multipoints dont need time controls! Make/model of boiler will confirm this.

If you do have a combi then the hot water is produced on demand, i.e. when you open the hot tap the boiler will fire to heat the water, then switches off when the tap is closed again. The timeswitch is there to control the on/off times for the heating. If the new switch is working and bringing the CH on and off at the times you require then it may be ok. If in any doubt then i'd advise you either swap the timer for a 102 or get it checked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back