randall 102 replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i wonder if any one can help, i have replaced my randall 102 timer, kept the old back plate on and slid the new frontage on. the old timer wasnt turning, the new one works but doesnt turn the heating off when it clicks, can anyone help. thanks

Sponsored Links
IF your old one turned of the heating when you manually moved timer and you have not altered anything then this would say new timer faulty

Thanks, i think it did, but not sure. do you think that i should try the new back plate to see if the old plate is faulty. i was told a terminal switch or sumthing is not giving thes signal. :?:

Have you checked the wiring?
How are the wires connected?
What are you controlling?
A

Sponsored Links
Yeh, it controls the water or heating or both, i have checked the wiring and as i say it works but when it clicks it dsnt break the connection if u like

terminal 1-yellow 2 red 3-2 reds and red to terminal 6-- 4 is earth 5 -2 X black-- 6 is red to terminal 3

Have you left the switch on the side on constant???

Tony

Agile it would be a bit hard to leave 102 on constant as it does not have this facility now the 103 does, has the op mixed up his numbers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back