Hot water pressure and pump question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have been doing some work on my property recently, and now its time for me to deal with the hot water pressure issues. Which at the moment is pretty dismal.

My cold water is mains fed, and is great. The pressure is planty good for a shower, but my hot water comes from a tank in the airing closet next to the bathroom and the pressure is really bad.
The hot water pressure to the shower is so bad that you barely get any water if you lift the head above waist high. I have just replaced the bath mixer, from an old two tap mixer to a newer single (non thermostatic) mixer, but if anyhting the hot water pressure has gotten even worse.

The hot water tap on the sink was getting a better flow, but I have replaced the sink and taps to a single hole sink and mixer and the hot water pressure seems to have dropped there too.
I haven't done the kitchen yet so don't know what the pressure will be like there yet.

The property has no boiler as it is all electric, and so the water is heated by and immersion heater in the tank..

Now i was looking at installing a pump but I don't understand why I can't install a single impeller pump directly from the hot water supply? Why does it have to be placed between the mixer and head if the cold water pressure is good??
Am I forced to buy a twin impeller pump?? Are there any other options to get stronger hot water flow??

Thanks in advance. Sam

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back