Hot water pressure - best solution

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am just changing my boiler and so after some advice on resolving the issues with the current system.

I have income water pressure of 0.5 bar (working pressure) and flow rate of 12l/min :( On this basis have ruled out combi or mega system.

I currently have a bathroom upstairs and plan to install a second shower rom downstairs. The shower in the upstairs bathroom (3 storey house) runs off the hotwater tank.

I need to increase the flowrate to this shower and I also need to be able to run 2 shower at once.

So I am looking at the current options:
1) New boiler and fit master pump that would feed both showers. Install bigger header tank, bigger hot water tank and run new independant pipes to the shower upsatirs from pump and also independent pipe to feed the pump. Boiler is Valliant 30CDI with filter. Total quoted cost £4,400 - does this appear reasonable.

2) Gravity fed shower downstairs and electric shower upstairs. This may work? Downstair shower would have 10m of head. However would my pressure of 0.5bar be enogh to run electric shower? Also would electric shower drop significant flow rate if other taps turned on/other shower is on (as tanks would start refilling)?

Appreciate advice on my plumbing nightmare!

Sponsored Links
Vailliant 30cdi? Don't you mean Worcester?

What type of house do you have? (size). If you have room to fit a fair sized storage tank, you could go with a boosted cold water setup. Then you could use a megaflow and the likes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back