hot water problem with ravenheat ls80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have ravenheat 2 years old. central heating is fine but hot water problem. three way valve been replaced 2 weeks ago but there is still same problem. boiler ignite for 10 15 sec then cut off again and again
can any body have an idea what,s wrong with boiler. i spend 350pounds the problem is still there.
cheers,

Sponsored Links
If you have paid someone £350 to solve the problem then call them back!

Whjy did you pay when the problem was not solved?

Hardly any repair ever costs that amount!

Tony

any body have an idea
I would have started off by spending a small amount of money just eliminating the thermistors. Normally just the CH one but in this instance the DHW one as well. Are they clip on or screw in?
I always carry thermistors just 4 testing. You could use say a 10k resistor to test if what you spent already has emptied your piggy bank.
Then its on to fan and flue checks. Dont even think about taking that cover off. They can be a nightmare even for us Corgis and I have been shown how to do it by a Ravenheat engineer! Any whistling noises means that the cover isnt fitted properly.
Nothing to stop you from checking that a triffid isn't growing in the flue by looking from the outside.
There is a fan modulation pcb fitted to later ravenheats that is giving some problems now
I have known a Main PCB to cause this problem so expect that as a worst case scenario

Any Ravenheat fitted since Sept 2005 by a Corgi is covered by a three year guarantee so long as you can prove that it has been serviced annually. Ring them up and give them the serial number. They will be able to tell date of sale and send someone out. If you slip up or aren't nice with them they may refuse to send an engineer but may be able to recommend someone.

Ah but there is another little problem. Since April 2005 all boilers should be of the condensing type and you really shouldn't have had a non condenser fitted. Would a corgi have fitted a non condenser after April 2005? One of the ways round this is to say that the previous boiler was identical and less than 3 years old when you had the current one fitted.;)

If you have paid someone £350 to solve the problem then call them back!

Whjy did you pay when the problem was not solved?

Hardly any repair ever costs that amount!

Tony

I repaired a Ideal Mini 28C that cost over £450 to repair ,parts alone were over £250.

Sponsored Links
i have ravenheat 2 years old. central heating is fine but hot water problem. three way valve been replaced 2 weeks ago but there is still same problem. boiler ignite for 10 15 sec then cut off again and again
can any body have an idea what,s wrong with boiler. i spend 350pounds the problem is still there.
cheers,
thanks for reply
but i rang them they said 200 for parts and 150 for labour after that
they are not answering the phone
even the person who install the boiler
the part price is 65 pounds they cheat with me
any way please any body can tell me what is the problem then i can try to fix it myself
the flu is good central heating is ok but but the hot water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back