Hot water system problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an issue I think with my hot water cylinder. My boiler works very effectively to provide central heating, but delivers only lukewarm water (both when the boiler is set to Hot Water only or Water & CH). The immersion fares no better. The water has got gradually less and less hot over the last few months and is not barely warm

Any ideas what may be the cause to save an expensive plumber call out?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
so you are saying your ELECTRIC immersion heater is not working?
Do you know if it ever worked?
As far as the gas boiler not giving hot water, probably diverter valve..but Im not a plumber.

Yes, the immersion is electric. Both it and the boiler have previously produced hot water

The immersion is kaput - and there is a problem with the cylinder thermostat or diverter valve on the cylinder.

Either that or you have the most scaled up cylinder in the UK :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks

Any ideas on how much it should cost to get a plumber to sort the cylinder thermostat / diverter valve on the cylinder, so I know I'm not getting ripped off?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back