Hot water system

S

sturharv

I have heard a few different views on this but would like to know your thoughts please.

If you encounter a job with high hot water demands, is it always better to consider a thermal storage type system with a heat exchanger, or is it better to use ‘stored’ water say, a Megaflo.

I assume a heat exchanger type system would be less likely to ‘run out’ of HW as the water passing through the exchanger is always available? But if the stored water system is sized correctly then that should be adequate.

But I may be wrong, I assume there are supporters of both systems out there, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You're right, there will be differences of opinion. Modern thermal stores using a plate heat exchanger will be much the same in performance as one of the largest combis.

Personally if you have the incomimg pressure and flow rate, i would go for the megaflo. (I unfortunately have a thermal store fitted by the builder :mad: )

Thanks Dave,

Yes, I think we'll be putting a break tank and booster set in there so we'll certainly have the pressure.

Its always tricky sizing the stored water systems, particularly if you have say, 10 showers or a high HW demand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back