Hot Water Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have the hot water tank in a cupboard at the top of the stairs, But i would like to use the space for storage. I would like to put the tank into the loft space. Only this would affect the gravity of the tank.
Can someone please recommend a tank suitable to go into the loft , it would need to have a pump fitted to it .
I am a keen diyer but dont know the name of a maker of this sort of tank.
many thanks
Artyboy

Sponsored Links
a fortic sounds suitable. wouldn't have one myself but as they 'carry' the cold water on top you dont need to move the cws cistern to a hgher level.

Sponsored Links
You could put your cylinder (like my friend did) in the loft by replacing it with a new vented one that turns mains cold water into mains pressure hot water. This is achieved by a built in plate heat exchanger.

You fill the cylinder with cold water once after installation. This water is never drawn out. The cylinder stays unpressurised at all times.

These cylinders come in many shapes and sizes to suit nearly all locations including lofts. You could also choose the option of electric, gas or solar heating all using the same principal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back