Hot water tap not running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Baxi combi 28 he duotec boiler and the pressure dropped so someone was called out to fix it. It is now working however neither hot water tap (kitchen or bathroom) have any water coming from them. I was wondering is this a simple fix or is it worth getting the gu back out.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you mean you have no water at all coming from the taps or no hot water?
Have you checked the pressure?

The pressure was sorted by the man, there's no water at all coming from the hot tap

Sponsored Links
Potentially, this guy was shoddy at best. How would I rectify that?

I don't know your boiler specifically, but most if not all combi boilers have an isolation valve at the cold inlet, they can take a variety of different forms but usually work through a quarter turn, and have a screwdriver slot in them. When the slot or marking is aligned with the pipe, the valve is open.

If the hot taps haven't worked since it was worked on then it could be a possibility.

Make sure the filling loop has been closed first, instructions will be in the manual if it is integral to boiler, it should be a short braided hose with isolator valves if not.

It's a bit of a stab in the dark, so to speak, but who knows?

Thanks for the reply. I have played with the valves to no avail, two move while three others are stationary I'm not sure weather I am meant to do anything with those?

I will check the manual I downloaded although skimming through I couldn't see anything

only the water inlet and filling loop need checking, the flow and return (22mm) and gas should be left open.

Like I say, bit of a stab in the dark.

Underneath the boiler, second black handle in from the right. All the handles should all be pointing in the same direction.

It's sorted now thanks the "gas man" had to come back. Interestingly not all handles were facing the same way after he left so I've sorted that.

The pressure only dropped after a gas inspection where two guys from the same company came round and started messing with the boiler. Then this guy came to fix that and after getting in contact with him about the hot water he said it was probably the mains and nothing to do with the boiler, bit coincidental if you ask me. He came round and it was the boiler. My landlord always choosing to opt for cowboy builders :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back