HOT WATER WHEN NOT IN USE !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After dealing with an AIR block in the C/H system a few weeks ago I am rapidly getting HOT tap water even when this demand is all CLOSED off.
1. water stat set to zero
2. programmer turned to off
This is of course only happening when the demand for C/H is in operation.
In an attempt to rectify this earlier,I fitted a NEW CYLINDER STAT
a NEW MOTORIZED 3 -WAY PORT VALVE (COMPLETE) and the Programmer has been checked by a professional electrician.
Still getting uncontrolled HOT WATER!!!

Where is this coming from ?....it is registering at apx. 65 Deg.

Sponsored Links
when you say changed m.v complete........do you mean "complete" as in valve head and body? and when you fitted it, was the "b" port on the valve , heading via a pipe to the cylinder?

i have no further questions your honour. :LOL:

if valve is fitted the wrong way round then turn on hw ,turn ch off and feel if the radiators get hot

Sponsored Links
wilhelm said:
when you say changed m.v complete........do you mean "complete" as in valve head and body? and when you fitted it, was the "b" port on the valve , heading via a pipe to the cylinder?

i have no further questions your honour. :LOL:
Yes I fitted (replaced )the motorized valve and actuator together and the B-port runs up to the clylinder as instructed .

Well, it has to be one of the following:

1. Motorised valve is not shutting off the DHW port owing to debris.
2. MZV is faulty.
3. Cylinder stat is faulty.
4. Wiring to the MZV and/or cylinder stat is incorrect.
5. Programmer is faulty.

You need to eliminate each possible cause, one by one, until you find the fault.

Why didn't the person who checked the programmer continue with the fault-finding?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back