hotpoint 9573 electronic 800 super

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have had the hotpoint washing machine for quite some time and previously have managed to fix it when it goes wrong.
The other night put clothes in machine turned it on, came back in an hour or so later machine had filled up then stopped. I drained machine removed clothes (wet) only to find machine dead!! checked fuse etc everything seemed ok, i removed carbon brushes or bushes from motor checked drive belt. the following day i took brushes, bushes, into my local domestic appliance shop he thought they were ok did not need replacing.
Still nothing happens no spin not even a noise, mains light is flickering so i am assuming i have power to machine.
is this the end of my machine, any ideas?
The guy in the shop not very helpfull said it would be best to replace machine with new one.

Sponsored Links
Pos a blown pcb or door lock your mc is 15 years old it will cost a lot in parts to repair. Remove the lid and inspect pcb for burn marks.

Hi, thanks for replying.
pcb on right hand side to the front of the machine it looks fine no burn marks.
I have had a problem with door lock in past but found a way around it.
any ideas?

Does the door lock when it's on , does water go into it have you checked the wiring behind the door lock , press the micro switch on the lock see if it starts

Sponsored Links
yes the door locks,no water nothing, nothing works since last night then it filled up with water but that was as far as it got. i have not checked the wiring behind door lock but i will if you think this is the problem?
what micro switch!!

It's on the back of the door lock ,2 door locks for that model when u see the back of the lock you will see what I mean.

sorry mate but no micro switch. i took the lock of back of door and where it goes into machine cleaned them up seems ok no problem opening or shutting door.

Does it lock ,first thing it does is lock then fill if it don't lock needs new lock if if locks has it got a on off button or a knob on the timer to pull out.

I can lock the door there is a slot on the door lock/release if i turn it horizontally it is locked, vertically unlocked.
on the timer it pulls out to turn machine on push in and its off.
when machine did work you could only open door after water drained out.
nothing happens whether i just close door or lock door when i pull out timer there is nothing not even a sound.
thanks again for replying.

you have to be sure that the door lock is activated or or it will do nothing
ifit fills with door shut then itsamotor problem. if it wont fill its a door lock prob or wiring problem as the door must lock 1st

from going off that then it must be the latter "it won't fill" it will not do anything.
any other ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back