Hotpoint Aquarius 1200 Washer dryer doesn't dry!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently my Hotpoint Aquarius 1200 has stopped heating up during the drying cycle. It does this whether as part of a programme or just when being used as a standalone dryer. Any ideas? Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
i could give you my opinion, but i won't, dont take it wrong i used to work for H******t but that is why in this case i will not say anything, the question that needs to be addressed is WHY has it stopped heating.

this may help

If it is a washer drier there is usually an overheat thermostat which will cut the power to the heating elements of a washer drier, in Hoover machines there is a little device on the warm air ducting on the top of the machine . It has 2 wires and a little pin sticking up which will press in and click to reset , having ensured filters for the drier are clear and the fan is working to blow the air into the drum the heat should come back on if the elements are okay. Hope this gives you an idea of the fault......... dont forget to kill the power before attempting any of these checks and keep clear if trying it out.

Sponsored Links
Also check the air ways of the drier. My Bosch recently did this, it turned out to be the air ducting was blocked at the bottom of the drum - see my post with a similar title.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back