Hotpoint Aquarius CDT00 dryer capacitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have a hotpoint aquarius cdt00 condenser tumble dryer which has stopped turning. Machine makes a clanking noise from bottom rear of machine and smell of electric/plastic burning.

I've opened it up and the belt 'appears' to be intact. The drum turns by hand.

I've read this is most likely a capacitor problem so I've taken it out to replace.

Question is the capacitor in the machine is KNM8017 with 8uF. Looking for replacements online I can only find KNM8017 with 7uF. Will this work?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes it will. But the clanking noise is something else.

Hi thanks,

not so much a clanking noise, more sounding like it's struggling to start. Just want to try changing capacitor before taking it to a professional. If the motors broke it's beyond me.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The capacitor is just for starting the motor so to check if it has failed you can try taking the lid off the machine and giving the drum a nudge with your hand and see if it then starts turning. You will have to try both directions unless you know which direction it normally starts turning.

Hi,

Quick update, replaced the motor capacitor and it started first time.

Cost £5. Took 10 minutes. Money saved!

Very pleased. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back