Trying to locate tumble-dryer capacitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a Gorenje D72325 condensing tumble dryer. The drum has stopped rotating from starting and there is an acrid burning smell. With the power on, I can rotate the drum and then it will continue. It's hard to distinguish whether the burning smell stops once the drum is off and running. With the side panel off, there is no capacitor anywhere!! On the rear, I'm sure the burning smell is coming from the Part Ref. IRCA 232097, which looks like a heating element. On English websites this part is described as a dryer element, and on foreign website is it called a Resistor!!

Is it possible that this model has no capacitor or it is somehow part of the dryer element? Or maybe the motor has an integral capacitor?

I'm a bit out of my depth with electrical testing of individual components. Happy to replace parts once I know what's not working.

Any help very much appreciated.

Al

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thank you very much for your replies. I would have been totally in the dark on this one...great to see the motor on the link you sent Flameport, this solved the mystery. The capacitor is hidden from view when the motor is fixed in position. For anyone else who is following this thread looking for help I have uploaded an image of the motor in position with an arrow of where to look for the capacitor. Pity that the capacitor seems inaccessible without removing the motor. Now to work out how to get the motor off! Will try the other link for that, thanks London Mike 49. Cheers.

Attachments

• D72325 Motor.jpg
    D72325 Motor.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 334

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back