thermostats on crusader cdt00p dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently replaced the two thermostats and heater element on my daughters cdt00p tumble dryer, tested it for an hour or so , worked fine then stopped heating, drum and fan working fine but not heat from the element. thought there was a smell of burning for a few seconds but none now. Dryer operates fine except no heat , so doesnt work !!!!. Is it possible for the thermostats to have blown again or is there anything else i should be checking

Sponsored Links
The thermostat that usually blows is a one shot stat and usually due to lack of circulating air.

Although one shot they can sometimes be reset by throwing on a hard surface (the metal plate will pop from concave back to convex)

Check the air vents, pipework, filters, etc to ensure everything is clean and clear all the way through the air venting system. (if it vents through a pipe in the wall include checking the grill on the outside of the house)

thanks for the answer, since it stopped have cleaned out everthing in sight,there was masses of lint especially in the filter on the inside of the door.

In terms of the thermostats do you know if the oneshot ones are the ones with a coloured dot on it or the one without

depends on model as the coloured dots are used to differenciate the different temperatures they are set for.

If you look at the metal plate on the stats when they blow they are ususally concave when they should be convex.

The one shot is set for a higher temp than the cycling stat (switches the heater on and off) and is a safety one to prevent the machine overheating.

Sponsored Links
took your advice and dropped, threw and generally abused the thermostat, hey presto went from concave to convex, reattached and dryer now works

many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back