Hotpoint aquarius dishwasher leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have taken the side off the machine and whatched the water going through the platic tank complex and it seems to be leaking from a vent hole near the bottom on some sort of small reservoir tank. All the switches etc seem to working ok its just seems that the machine is overfilling and the water is overflowing through the vent.
My therory is that the fill tank that fills three times to put a measured amount of water into the machine has sagged with age (8 years) and the three fill cycles now put into too much water. My fix would be to make a small clamp to squeaze the tank back to its original size.
Does anyone know if this is the problem and the likely cure?
Cheers
PeterH

Sponsored Links
the plastic tank you are talking about is called the metering tank. at the bottom of it you will see a black hose about 1 inch in diameter. this is the sump hose which carries the water into the wash tub. your problem is that it is partialy blocked. if you have an aqua vac simply suck out the blockage. if not then take it off ( two spring clips, one at each end) and give it a good clean. this is a common job for me so it should cure the fault. if it doesn't i'm away util the weekend so i wouldn't be able to post any more advice until then

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back