hotpoint aquarius electrical fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
wma44 hotpoint. Could see electrical arcs under the machine. Didn't know what was causing it as it only happened when the drum turned. It did eventually get worse and went bang and the control board was destroyed. Changed control board and brushes and when I put it on, again when the drum turned it just went bang and another control board was destroyed. Have now changed motor and have put in another control board but I'm still seeing the electrical activity going on when I look under the machine but only when the drum turns anticlockwise. Any ideas? I'm cracking up!!

Sponsored Links
arcing is caused by brushes bedding in it will calm down after a few washes .but will still be there nothing to worry about.

Thank you so much! After all the problems, I'm scared to run it at all!! It did 1 load fine after everything was replaced,but I just couldn't face replacing another control board. It's cost me a fortune and the washing has really been backing up as this has been going on for 2 weeks now.

it's doing it again. i can see arcing coming from the right front to middle of the machine but only when the drum turns clockwise. It's had a new motor and new control board what more does it want??

Sponsored Links
its surposed to ark dont worry about it its fine trust me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back