Hotpoint Aquarius Extra wma40n brushes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know! Another mad DIY idiot who has taken his machine to bits, only to find he can't find the brushes!

I have the motor at the bottom and there are several white bits, but none look like the brushes on my old machine.

Anyone got any patience left for an old fart who doesn't know what he's doing?

Help!!!

Cheers

:oops: Teddy

;)

Sponsored Links
under the white bits are the brushes ,they are covers .remove the motor and you will see.

So, do I have to remove the motor then? Is this complicated or not? I used to just fit the brushes in situ in our old machine.

Cheers

Teddy
;)

old mc had differant motor this one has to be removed , 2 13 mm bolts slip belt off and pull motor towards you .

Sponsored Links
Cheers Rocks.

That is a bigger job that I thought, never mind, sounds quite simple, but is it simple to get back and getting the belt back to the correct tightness?

Thanks for your help.

Teddy
;)

belt is self adjusting .why are you changeing brushes are they gone ,what is the problem with the mc

That seems to solve all previous problems! lol

The mc started to make funny noises and then it finished the wash but the clothes were not spun, soaking wet in fact. In the past, in previous mcs, that has left us with a drum full of water and clothes, but this mc seems to empty the water out but not spin.

If there could be another simpler solution, I would be very happy to hear about it.

Thanks again.

Teddy
;)

what did you have in it 1 item ie bath mat / towel or full load. fill mc with water then put it on to spin no clothes in it .does it empty water in 30 secs then should spin, is there a crackling noise under the mc when on spin .if its a crackling noise do not use untill brushes are replaced this will cause the pcb to blow .then the mc is ber .

Yes, crackling is about it. Off to get some new brushes in the morning. Thanks for your help.

Teddy
;)

I have tried to get new brushes, only to be informed that there are three possible motors for this mc. Come home and taken motor off. How do the brushes actually come out? I have them but don't want to lever anything important off the mc to get them out!

Where do I find the type of motor, it doesn't say anything anywhere that I can see.

Teddy
With mc on it's side and all in pieces!!!

you have the bosh type motor ,remove white covers they are under them brass looking holders .take motor into shop and see if they will slot them in for you .

That's sorted now, took them off myself and got the new ones, just little springs with the carbon on them. They were easy to fit back.

Next problem is replacing the motor, got it in place but now need to fit belt. Is there an easy way to do it or do I need to take off motor and fit while belt is on?

Thanks for your continued help.

Teddy
;)

leave motor on .to fit belt put belt on the pulley from the top dangleing down and then hook it over the motor job done.

It is too tight to do that. The motor is fitted onto the body of the drum with two bolts and a plug, ie three poits, so I can't fit motor losely and then tighten. Once the motor is in place the belt won't fit and I can't fit the motor with belt on.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks for your help.

Teddy

the motor has to be bolted up .there are 2ways to do it .cable tie the belt to the pulley then hook belt over motor belt will be slack and not on pulley at this stage .put hand into drum and spin it round this will hook belt on and snap cable tie .outher option which i have is a tool 22 mm copper tube 8 inches long cut at the end to form a seat L SHAPED then hook belt over pulley and pull down to fit over motor the end piece .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back