Hotpoint Aquarius FDL570P.R

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, with Xmas around the corner of course it was time for an appliance or two too break. This year it's my 2-3 year old Hotpoint Aquarius FDL570P.R.

I noticed last night that the On/Off, Wash(3h) and End (9h) lights were flashing like crazy. At which point I did what every IT person in the past has told me at work ..... I turned it off, and back on again. Whilst turned off I waited a couple of minutes to see if it would reset itself and turned it back on. For a brief moment I thought I'd fixed it, and then the crazy light show started again.

I've read another thread about this model on this website, about tipping the dishwasher forward for a couple of minutes. Again tried this, I had the machine lending forward (door side past 45 degrees) for a couple of minutes and got about a pint of water out of it. Turned it back on with my fingers crossed ..... but no, still had the same crazy flashing light issue.

I've also checked the water supply and waste pipe wasn't blocked, but unfortunately both where ok.

What the machine does:
After turning it back on, all the lights stay on as normal. After pressing the start button you can hear it drawing water (probably into the base to be heated). At this point everything goes quite for 20 second. At this point it sounds like its kicked into life, but the crazy lights starts and it sounds like water is being sent down the waste pipe as I can hear a water going down the plug hole from the kitchen sink. If I don't turn the dishwasher off and open the door I can hear the pump trying to suck water up. At bit like when my kids have finished a cartoon of juice before I shout at them :)

From what I can guess its a pump issue because the inside of the dishwater is dry and the jet arm never moves. Also I poured boiling water into the base and nothing came out of the jet after the failed cycle. However before I send £100 plus on parts, I thought I better ask someone who knows what their talking about. Any information, guidance or help would be greatly received.

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back