Hotpoint aquarius tvm 570 will not stop when timer reaches zero

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I have a aquarius tvm 570 that started to buzz when trying to start. Changed capacitor but made no difference. Took connections off door interlock and joined pink/white to grey wire and tripped mcb.re-connected wires to door switch and Reset mcb, pressed start button and dryer started turning but will not stop when timer reaches zero. While dryer is running in heating mode if I pull off red wire from timer dryer keeps running for a minute or so and then stops. I think this is thermostat keeping it going till it cools down. If it is cooling mode I.e. When it reaches the fan symbol on timer, if I pull red wire off it stops immediately. The terminals with pink/white wire and red wire seem to be permanently closed so I think timer is problem. Any help greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back