hotpoint aquarius wf 541

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,i have a problem with the above mc,on rinse/spin mode it stops at prewash and this light keeps flashing for a while then the on/off light flashs along with the wash enhance light comes on,i have cleaned out the filter and pump is working,is it the pcb or pressure switch maybe.
any suggestions :oops:

Sponsored Links
check presure pipe on the side hasnt come off ,what number light is it 1 2 3 4

hi,pressure pipe seems ok,prewash light is on the horizontal row along the top and it is number 2,wash enhance light is on the vertical row to the left and it is number 1 being the top and five the bottom.stays on prewash for about 5/10 mins and then goes to wash enhance and sticks there with a drum fill with water

thats error code fo8 can you cheack heater may be oc , if thats ok it will be the pcb exchange board about 30 quid .from emw in nottingham

Sponsored Links
just thought have you check the rinse valve to see if its oc cos that can cause a problem check with a continuity tester

thanks rocks,but could you tell me were these are located,is oc overcooked,it seems mainly to be the top vertical light which is wash enhance that comes on now

oc means open circuit ,heater is found at the rear of machine remove lower panel at rear, heater in front of that at 6 oclock 3 wires attatched and 2 small thin wires in the middle .circuit tester on the heater if it bleeps its ok , valve for water rinse on the top rear of machine where hose pipe comes in remove lid top left ,unplug the 2thin wires on each valve it should bleep if not needs replacing ,if these work pcb had it needs a new one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back