Hotpoint Aquarius WF541

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a 2 year old Hotpoint Aquarius WF541 washing machine that was working fine when last used 2 weeks ago, now when we turn it on all the lights flash on and of and the washer will not start,i turned it of at the mains and it cured it for about 45 mins then they started flashing while the maching was spinning the clothes,
anyone any ideas how to fix?
thanks dave.

Sponsored Links
I have a very similar problem with the same machine.Switch the machine on,all lights flash.Today it took at least 30 mins to stop flashing,over the past few weeks since it started it only used to take 2-3 mins. It almost seems to get stuck in its setup/power on state! Once past the flashing it has never stopped in mid cycle though.
##### Just seen the linked problems - Looks like PCB needs replacing #####
Edit no. 4 :) - This looks like the route im gonna take - http://www.emwelec.co.uk/index.php?action=item&id=217&prevaction=category&previd=2&prevstart=0 - Otherwise looks like an engineer would cost about £100 p&l. Thanks to all info from members & Rocks1!

yep these two above both need pcb s very popular .im just about to send emw 60 boards for recon all in about 6 weeks .

New PCB arrived today,so out came the screwdriver,off came the lid of the machine and - oops its not there - err hmm - off came the rear service panel,10 mins later i have the encased pcb,5 mins further on new pcb fitted to case,re-assemble.Quick test 'n' looking good.Try washing 4 month matured footy bibs - Faultless Success! Thanks again :)

Sponsored Links
Just a slight update.
A bit p**sed off,sent the old unit back and have still not recieved £10 for old unit. Two Emails sent and no reply(Nice guy's,how proffesional).Use this company if there is no alternative,the product still works fine,shame about the aftercare!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back