Hotpoint Aquarius WM22...what's this bit do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend's "tried and trusted" (old but good) washing machine, an Aquarius DeLuxe 1000 WM22, is making strange high pitched whines, like my mate is when the thought of paying for a new machine crops up, so I had a look.
I took the top cover off and saw that on the end of the electric motor is a misaligned plastic and aluminium bracket, which I assume should be aligned with the drive belt, but looks well bent by coming into contact with the side casing, exactly where the dents are! I reckon an off balance load or worn shock absorber is the root of the trouble which caused that to happen, which I'll sort once I get the bracket problem solved.
The bracket/assembly thing on the end of the motor is secured by an 8mm or so bolt and is attached by cable to the door so I thought perhaps this is a safety brake?

Questions are thus;
What is the bracket's purpose?
Where can I source one?

Many thanks..................Jake

Sponsored Links
its called a pecker asembly its releases the door lock .if its broke its due to oob loads hitting cabinet , ie bath towels and bath mats .

Thanks for that.
As you say; broken when the assembly got bashed on the casing where there are a few dents showing. I'll see if I can source one via ESpares.

Off topic, but is Shag Island neard your location?

nah .im in england just change it when im bored not got a clue where it is :cool:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the address Rocks, I'll give them a try.

Seems our moderator is unaware of the GENUINE name of the Island, and assumes I was being naughty!
I have a mate who sailed through the Islands and he mentioned having seen Shag Island, so named because of the amount of SEABIRDS which gave it it's name........or should I say SE****DS?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back