Hotpoint Aquarius wml560p - leak from soap dispenser drawer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post here (or at least I think it is - apparently I've had a login since 2007!)

Bought a wml560p off ebay and after a load of faffing fitting an outlet at the house we're renting, started it up to find that it leaks towards the end of the cycle (rinse cycle) from the front left hand corner.

I took the top off and it is clear that the leak is coming from the seal (or lack of) between the powder tray and the black concertina rubber pipe that leads to the drum. Powder stains can be seen coming down the pipe and in operation water was observed leaking out from the top and dripping down the pipe and out at the front left corner.

Now I've disconnected the door seal and taken the front seal off to get a better look and see about repairing it (fingers crossed I can put everything back together in ! ... First time I've attempted a washing machine repair myself) and it looks like, whilst there is a plastic clip which holds the black pipe in place at the bottom where it goes into the drum (as per pic 3), there is not one at the top clamping the pipe in place onto the powder tray . Its just pushed on and I think this could be the reason its leaking ?
So, first question is should it have some sort of plastic clip holding it place and if so, does anyone know where I can get a replacement from? .... or another/better way of creating a good seal?

Secondly, as its only leaking towards the end of the cycle and as pipe is a good size diameter and ~15cm drop into the drum I'm assuming that the water is filling up the pipe when it leaks out of the top seal (or lack of). I've read posts of other people who've had issues with blocked filters and was wondering should this pipe fill up fully with water or should it just drain straight into the drum, in which case is the fact that its filling up and leaking from the top an indication that the filter is also blocked?
I've seen a video on clearing out the filter but that's a separate job at the back if the machine by the looks of it and I'm not too confident about having a go at that atm unless I have to.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight anyone may be able to offer.

Cheers Chas

By the way, is there anywhere I can get hold of a pdf of a serice manual for this machine?

Sponsored Links
No other clip on there just one. Lower the water pres by The blue key on the pipe work. Then clean the roof of the dispenser so the mold has gone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back