Hotpoint Aquarius WT740P washing machine wont switch on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. Went to use the washing machine today and find it wont switch on all all after finishing the last load a few days back without any noticeable problems.
No lights at all are coming on and it is as if it was unplugged from the mains.
I've given the wiring and boards a quick look over and cant see any blown or damaged components at first glance. I can also confirm that the washing machine has power going into it (tested at the main power module located at the bottom rear righthand side with a 240volt test light)

Can anyone suggest what the likely fault may be and if it is a job that can be done without having to call out the Hotpoint guys to connect a laptop to?

Thanks for your assistance

Sponsored Links
Have you got 240v leaving the suppressor (the capacitor network that the mains cable connects to). If you have then it is probably the main pcb.

Thanks. Yep 240v going out from the suppressor.
Do you know if it is possible to get a pre-programmed pcb or is this a Hotpoint callout job? I bought a new machine yesterday so may keep this as a spare if I can fix it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back