Hotpoint Aquirius 1100 Washer tripping RCD, motor ?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hotpoint 1100 washer dryer is tripping the rcd, the insulation resistance when meggered is pretty low, less than 1 megaohm.

If i disconnect the bushes its ok, and does not trip, also if i disconnect the block connector at the end of the motor the insulation is ok, its also ok if the bushes are disconnected.

I tried cleaning the bushes and stator, blowing out the carbon deposites with compressed air, but still trips.

IS IT THE MOTOR ?

I susspect it is, if so, where can i get one for a raesonable price ????

Cheers,

Dennis

PS, my wifes worn underwear is starting to build up, i may sell on ebay to fund the motor !!!!! :LOL: :eek: ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks
But is it the motor ????

the bushes look fine

i would say i have resistance from the armature windings back to earth of the motor

cheers

its full of carbon dust, when i used to work for hp it was quite common

Sponsored Links
If you look carefully at the insulation material at the end of your commutator you may well find it is cracked. Carbon dust can lodge in such a crack, forming an earth leakage path. Alternatively, you may have shorted turns in the armature due to overheating and melting of the insulation lacquer. This causes sparking at the motor brushes which can also trip the RCD.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back