Hotpoint BWD20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drier is not working, after about 15mins I open the door and the clothes are still cold, is the heater broken. Also when the machine is on long spin at 1600rpm the clothes come out with black stripe marks on them.

Thanks In advance

Paul

Sponsored Links
if this is a washer dryer and it's recent model, then it's probably an indesit in hotpoint clothing. if this is the case then you remove the lid and look at the heater box.
you should see two wires attached to each of the heater terminals. one of these connections is a wire which is fed through an orange sleeve and is clamped to the heater surface. the sleeve contains a thermal fuse rated at 121C. check it for continuity. if it has blown then it must be replaced. and the machine retested to check for correct function. a common cause for this would be if you'd loaded too many items on the last drying load.
the name for the fuse is a micro temp. i buy them in packs of 10 for a few quid. i'd suggest you get at least two. then just remove the dud from the sleeve and crimp in the replacement.

Sponsored Links
Thanks keithwasherman
the machine has what is I think is a thermal trip it just needed pressing in to reset. The overheating was caused by the fan not blowing suficient air thro the heating element to cool it down, the vanes of the fan were completely bloked with what I think is fluff. After I cleaned it it seems to work Ok. Ihave another problem in tha the it is very noisy when spinning, I have checked he bearings they seem OK. Is it possible there is something between the inner and outer drum that rubs at high speed???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back