Hotpoint wma60, washing ok but not spinning!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hotpoint WMA60 washing machine, it washes ok but when it comes to the spin cycle the drum just turns slowly & will not spin anywhere near the supposed 1400. please advised as i'm now getting cold wearing very wet clothes :cry:

Sponsored Links
One possibility is that if the water is not emptying quickley enough after the rinse and spin part of the programme leaving water still in the drum the machine will not go into full spin sequence. If this is the case look for partial blockage in your sump pipe to pump (the sump pipe is the thick pipe right at the bottom of the drum) or partial blockage of the pump/ drain hose.

Thankyou for your advice, I have had all of the sump, water pump/ball & filter apart & its all clean as a whistle, ive now had the fu@*king thing repaired @ the cost of £100 & a late night, once again THANKYOU.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back