HOTPOINT CTD40 Condenser/dryer Pump problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a CTD40 that is turning and giving heat on a cycle but the drawer has no water in it!
Therefore I have given it a good defluff, checked the pipes for blockages. I cannot find anything wrong, but clearly the water is not being condensed.

I wonder if anyone can help with advice and diagrams as to where the actual pump is sited and what it looks like. I have had the plastic casing off the back where the pipes lead into. There are two electrical parts in there but I am not sure how to get them out or what they both do.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That's the pump where the two pipes go into. Check the impeller is still on the base of the pump.

I cant see how you get the electrical unit out. There is a plastic piece with cut outs covering it.

I really appreciate your reply but I am not sure what the impeller is or indeed how to check it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The whole unit lifts out , the two clips at the top of the pump just lift forward. Then lift up the pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back