Hotpoint CTD80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Error code comes up on my tumble dryer "F10 - Common of heater open or one shot open - Book a service engineer" what does this mean and can I fix it?

Thankyou

Sponsored Links
it means

Common of heater open or one shot open

in other words the heater has had it or the one shot stat has had it.

but the question is why?

if the output hose is blocked, the heat can not get out fast enough, so the one shot stat operates. T/D's do produce a lot of fluff / lint. if you have a wall vent take it off and see is it all blocked with fluff, they do have an insect screen to stop insects coming in, unfortunately this also catches fluf on the way out.

you must find the cause first then change the heater or more likely the stat

If you remove the back cover of the drier with the appliance un pluged, you will see the heater bracket.

un screw this from the back panel, and at the top you will see three thermostats. There is a brown one with a small hole in the middle, if you use a pin and press in, you should hear a click. This resets the thermostat and you should be able to use the drier again.

Apparently a common fault on these indicit based driers.

If you remove the back cover of the drier with the appliance un pluged, you will see the heater bracket.

un screw this from the back panel, and at the top you will see three thermostats. There is a brown one with a small hole in the middle, if you use a pin and press in, you should hear a click. This resets the thermostat and you should be able to use the drier again.

Apparently a common fault on these indicit based driers.

Just to say thanks for this post ... I was able to fix the fault on my tumble dryer with your help! :D

Sponsored Links
Many thanks!
Did exactly as you mentioned in your post Mark. Except that I found that I had to unscrew the thermostat ( the one on the right , hotpoint cdt 80) to find the tiny hole. The click on resetting was a pleasure to hear.
Thanks again

Hi everyone. I have a Hotpoint CTD80 dryer and it was not switching on at all. I reset the thermostat as mentioned above and it switched on fine. thanks for the help but now I am getting an error code (F-07) coming up on the screen, it still runs but doesnt appear to be haeting up. any ideas as I don't fancy paying th £90 Hotpoint call out!!! :D :D
Tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back