Hotpoint dishwasher soap dispenser lid won't stay shut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Hotpoint Aquarius DF61 dishwasher soap dispenser lid will not stay shut. It shuts briefly, but pops back open either immediately or a few seconds later. Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks

SilentSal

Sponsored Links
edge of the dispenser lid worn ,its plastic and only way is a new dispenser.

Yikes! A dispenser is about a third of the cost of a new dishwasher :eek:

Assuming I could get one at a reasonable price would I be able to fit it myself?

SilentSal

e spares want £102.00 bosch one will fit, its a bosch in disguise .£45.00 from bosch easy to fit front panel off 4 screws . mc is ten years old good luck .

Sponsored Links
That's interesting re Bosch. But could I just buy a detergent dispenser lid? It's not any cheaper than a full dispenser, but it would be much easier to fit.

lid is about 6 quid and a spring but are very difficult to fit check that the body is not worn where it slides on to.

I will have a look to see if the body is worn.

Any chance you could tell me where to get the lid for £6 please? I can only find it for £39.99 on 4hotpoint, which seems completely excessive. I have fitted the spring before when it broke. It is fiddly, but I managed it ok.

Thanks, but that's just the spring and catch. I was more looking for the lid itself. Atm my best options seem to be buying the whole dispenser on ebay or just putting the dishwasher tablet in the cutlery tray.

Thanks for your help!

If you remove the rubber seal from inside the lid you might get it to stay shut.The seal is only there for liquid detergent.

the seal stops water getting into the dispenser and making the tablet slushy and then wont come out just sticks to it .

I believe I have all the compontents - big spring, little spring, catch and lid. But I'm trying to find some instructions to tell me how to refit them. Any ideas please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back