Hotpoint drier blowing my fuse

C

cantaloup63

We have a Hotpoint Aqualtis tumble drier - model AQCF852BI which, as soon as we press the start button blows the main RCD for that side of the CU (although not the MCB itself). Any idea what might be the cause of this?

Sponsored Links
Heater it was - the "cardboard" (or whatever they were) inserts that support the coils hav corroded and the elements had collapsed onto each other thus shorting it out. Next question is whether the inserts can be replaced since a new heater unit is over £100, which start to hint towards a new drier :cry:

Sponsored Links
Cardboard bits are not replaceable. New heater is between £30.00 to £40.00. Dunno where you seen £100.00.

Cardboard bits are not replaceable. New heater is between £30.00 to £40.00. Dunno where you seen £100.00.
Here And that's the cheapest I've managed to source. If you know where will do it for £30 to £40 I'd be extremely grateful for a link:)

Thanks - half the price :confused: . Don't suppose you've any idea what the special notice they refer to is, since the link leads nowhere :confused: Probably worth me giving them a ring :)

Thanks again rocks

Must be fitted by a qualified person. The list price from hot point is 41.70 plus vat =50.40. Have you tried eBay.

Must be fitted by a qualified person. The list price from hot point is 41.70 plus vat =50.40. Have you tried eBay.
Had a quick noset at ebay but didn't get too far. I know I'm pushing my luck with your time and generousity, but on that hotpoint site there are two heaters - C00277073 for £40 and C00258678 for £50.04. I know you're talking blind here, but which is your best professional guess as to which one I should get? :confused:

Post the serial number and a commercial code that's on the door rim. Ones before a number ones after it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back