Hotpoibt CTD00 Trips Fuse Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My Hotpoint CTD00 condenser drier just keeps tripping the fuse box. Its been working fine but the water full light has been staying on after the tray has been emptied - not certain if that has anything to do with it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be the cause?

Sponsored Links
apologies for the complete lack of information above. All I can say is that it was running ok but 60 minutes into the cycle it tripped the fuse box. We tried to reset the fuse box but it keeps tripping.

Any ideas where to start?

Cheers

Ok, so i've just taken the cover of the back (left hand side), and as i did so, quite a lot of water came out.

I assume that this has dripped on to the motor and thats why it keeps tripping the main fuse box.

Any ideas what to check next?

It's sprayed in to the heater. There's a drain hole in that chamber , top left as you look in it. That is blocked up. Also clean the condenser out.

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks1,

Many thanks for your help with this. I've cleaned the condenser and filter out - they werent too bad.

I can see the hole in the top left (it has the electrical supply to the heaters coming through it) this hole is completely clear.

I'm going to let the heaters dry out over night and then try again tomorrow. If it still trips, is there anything else it could be?

Cheers

Wrong hole your looking at. It's in the float chamber where the pump goes , it's very small you need to put a cable tie though it to clean the gundge out. Remove the condenser and put your arm in the big hole right to the back right hand side. That's also gonna be blocked at the back with wet fluff. It sprays water in the heater. Remove the banjo cover to the heater see how wet it is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back