Hotpoint Aquarius CTD00 No Heat and Water Light On

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a hotpoint CTD00 and it has stopped heating up (but still turns) and the 'empty water' light is always on even after emptying.
I assume it wont heat up because the light is on.

I have tried resetting the stats and have emptied the water container and pump/float container as well as cleaned everything out, but to no avail. Think it could be a dodgy float switch maybe?

Does anybody have any idea what i could try next?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Pump faulty. Under the pump should be a red band on the impeller.

The pump is working i think, i can hear it sucking water/air up the pipe when the dryer is on. I didnt see a red band either, it was a clear spindle with a green rubber impeller.

Is the float stuck. It's the polystyrene square in the chamber , flick it up and down a few times does the light go out when you remove it.

Sponsored Links
No the float is fine, flicked it up and down quite a bit, i even took it out and tried running it, the light just stays on the whole time.

Disconnect the two wires to the micro switch on the pump see if it goes out.

Thanks for the suggestion, theres 3 wires on the switch, i tried unplugging the middle black one and the light went out so i left it running for a bit but there was still no heat.

Right , fill the chamber up with a cup of water then put pump back in then pull black hose of the top and put a cup under the hose , does water pump up and into empty cup.

sorry i just re read your response and you meant disconnecting the wires from the pump to the switch to see if the light goes out? Thanks for the replies but im gonna leave it until tomorrow now as its getting late and me playing around wont be appreciated! Ill try the pump tomorrow morning, just to clarify when i try the pump, am i doing it with all the wires plugged in again?

Thanks!

Yes plug wires in to do the test I said

Hey again, Ok just ran your test with a good 400ml of water and it pumped up the pipe and into the cup straight away and emptied the chamber pretty quickly.

So have you still got no heat. Disconnect the micro switch wires next to the pump. See if light goes out.

No there was still no heat. Ok I just unplugged the 3 wires on the switch and turned it on, the empty water light had gone off yay! Thanks. But unfortunately there was still no heat at all.

That's your problem micro switch is faulty.

Ok, so would a new switch fix the heat problem or is there a way of getting around it (rewiring it or something)? Or is the lack of heat a different problem all together? Thanks for your help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back