Hotpoint Aquarius CTD00 - Empty water light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, the empty water light on my CTD00 came on and so I emptied the water but the light now remains on. The drum will turn but the heating will not start (I believe because it still thinks the water is full). Any ideas on how I can reset it?

Sponsored Links
at the back is a small cover at the bottom unclip itand clean the muck out of it the poly float is stuck up .

Thanks for that. Opened up the cover at the bottom and it was full of water. Inside the pump the rubber 'blades' had come off so I've stuck it back on! Hopefully my botched job will last!

Cheers :D

Hi
I have same problem.
Mine is a hotpoint condenser dryer CTD00G.
Ive taken the tray out at the back and had a look. The tray is filled with water, its not pumping and actually I dont think there is any power going to the pump. Theres no noise from it and its not moving at all. I even tried it with the pump out of the tray to see it i could at least see it struggling to move but not one movement.
Will the whole pump need replacing? Im a novice to all this so was wondering how hard it would be as i see some wires going into the pump

thanks
jason

Sponsored Links
Hi,

had the same problem with my Aquarius CTD00
i cleaned out the poly float and it worked (only used it for a couple seconds to see if it works)

But there's a part attached to the poly float by a steal rod, it fell out while i was cleaning it and i put it back in,

when i used it for the second time the drum wouldn't spin, i opened up the poly float and that part has fallen out again, its not staying attached

Is there a way to attach it properly? or do I need to replace the poly float?

Thank you,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back